Passing the CAPM® exam demonstrates your knowledge of the project management profession’s preeminent standard, the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK®) published by Project Management Institute (PMI®). This course is for those building their project skills for their job and looking to prepare for PMI®’s CAPM® certification. You will learn important project management concepts, key terms and application of the project management processes described in the 6th edition PMBOK® so you can distinguish yourself on the job and during job interviews for project management postings.
You will receive a certificate satisfying the 23-hour requirement to take the CAPM® exam.
MAJOR COURSE OBJECTIVES
This course is designed to enable participants to:
- Understand PMI®’s Project Management Framework
- Learn key vocabulary and jargon
- Learn the five Process Groups and ten Knowledge Areas
- Identify the inputs, tools & techniques, and outputs for the 49 processes described in the PMBOK® guide
- Introduce and describe all the subject matter you need to know to pass the CAPM® exam.
Participants completing this workshop will result in:
- Improving your preparation for the CAPM® exam
- Understanding the project charter and project selection methods
- Learning how to collect project requirements and defining a scope statement
- Being able to solve schedule network diagram questions including identify critical path and determining float of an activity
- Knowing cost and schedule estimating techniques
- Being familiar with quality discipline methodologies
- Determining communication channels
- Understanding what risk-analysis is and expected monetary value
- Discussing advantages of procurement contract types